AutoApproved

Frequently Auto-Approved

Wednesday, May 29, 2019

Templar Silks - Elizabeth Chadwick ~ Must Read!


4.5 stars rounded to 5. Thanks NetGalley and the publisher for this ARC. My review will be released close to book launch. It was very well researched and enjoyable, although I found much of Outremer scenes somewhat difficult and a bit slow.

William the Marshal has always been a favorite of mine also, as is anything about Henry II and Eleanor's family. That being said, I loved the past quarter of the book the best, and felt emotional at the end.

I recommend this closing chapter of the Marshals great life and of course,would love to hear more about his children's lives. Ancel perhaps also, and I adored how adroitly his brother's life was organized. 

Jean d'Early being part of the end of the story is appropriate and perfect, as were the Author's Notes ( which I wish I had read first). Recommended heartily for followers of this family and era.

No comments:

Post a Comment