AutoApproved

Frequently Auto-Approved

Friday, December 16, 2016

The Beaufort Woman - Judith Arnopp ~ Satisfying read!!

First, I should say that Margaret Beaufort has not always been my favorite historical figure, but Judith Arnopp has made her character believable and almost engaging. I enjoyed Margaret coming to a comfortable place with Thomas Stanley, and her marriage, as well as her kindness and respect for both Elizabeth and Anne as queens and women.

I was able to envision her as a complicated person but for reasons that were understandable. I am convinced that she had decent relationships with her husbands, for the most part and always understood her obsession for her son Henry's heritage. It really is what she felt her life was about, that and being at court, which had was important to her. She was raised to respect her family heritage and her kinship.

I recommend it to others who enjoy Tudor and Plantagenet novels and history. I am waiting for this authors next novel. (Hint: Peaceweaver is my favorite) 

No comments:

Post a Comment