AutoApproved

Frequently Auto-Approved

Sunday, August 26, 2018

The Tudor Crown - Joanna Hickson ~ Enjoyable ~

An enjoyable read about the start of Henry Tudor's reign which I gave something close to 4 stars. ( rounded up) I liked the " Margaret chapters" much the best, although Joanna Hickson explained how little is known about Henry's exile. I found it difficult to go back and forth between the two accounts and am sure it was a difficult task for an author.

Henry VII is not my favorite king, but hopefully the last chapter where he explains himself very gracefully sheds a more hopeful light for a sequel about his marriage to Elizabeth. Those years are sort of sparse on authentic historical narrative also. I am anxiously awaiting another book being in the works.

No comments:

Post a Comment