AutoApproved

Frequently Auto-Approved

Friday, December 27, 2019

Hostage to Fortune - Bradcote and Catchpoll Mystery ~ Sarah Hawkswood~ Fine period mystery~

"January 1144. Hugh Bradecote does not want his betrothed heading off on pilgrimage to the shrine of St Edgyth "..and then.. The entourage of important monks and Christina, Hugh's betrothed, are in very grave danger by a renegade knight who loves to kill.

This is my first Bradecote and Catchpoll book but it surely won't be the last ! I do love the era ( Similar to Crowner John, Ella of Salisbury etc) and the history of that important point in time.It was a bit bloody but the main characters came out fine and the ending was very satisfactory.

The author does a fine job with well developed and engaging characters, who fit their times with some added more up-to-date humor. My only worry is do I order book #1 or proceed to book 5 and see where the newly married couple take me.

Recommended for Medieval Historical Mystery fans, like myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment