AutoApproved

Frequently Auto-Approved

Saturday, June 25, 2022

The Bee Keeper's WAR - Deborah Carr- Author and One More Chapter | HarperCollins ~ Warm, Engrossing , Vibrant~ Pre-order NOW!

 


Thanks to One More Chapter | HarperCollins and the author Deborah Carr for this engrossing story of life on and off the Isle of Jersey in both WWI and WWII.

From Publisher :' " 1916 At the onset of war, Nurse Pru le Cuirot left her home in Jersey to care for injured soldiers at Ashbury Manor, Dorset. She wanted to do her bit but she never expected to meet American pilot, Jack Garland, so unlike any man she has ever met."

and "1940 .. another war and Pru’s daughter Emma comes to Ashbury Manor. As Jersey falls to the Germans, Emma is fearful for her mother back home. When she meets the mysterious beekeeper who lives in the grounds of the manor she finds herself caught up" in both the past and the present.'

I'm in book clubs and review books for authors but this is a book I read straight through- It was that warm and riveting! I've read many of this author's books and very much enjoyed them but this book makes me hope that more will be written about this time.

From the bare bones I posted from the publisher, I've laid out some of the book but it was a heartwarming and entrancing read! All the characters were vibrant and remained so and were joined by a new young generation in 1940. The Channel Islands and especially Jersey and it's wartime saga(s) over centuries make me want to read more! I'm planning to read "The Poppy Fields" next!

No comments:

Post a Comment