AutoApproved

Frequently Auto-Approved

Friday, January 18, 2013

Friday Reads

One of the best things about reading and blogging about reading is sharing. I dearly love Fridays because at Goodreads and Passages to the Past, two of my favorite hangouts, a Friday feature is sharing what you  are reading. It also means cchecking out what everyone else is reading and getting big ideas about your next read.

In this new year, or really since Christmas, my reading has taken a turn. My "to be read" pile has grown exponentially. In addition to having finally gotten an e-reader, a Kindle, I am reading some books for review via NetGalley.My  Holiday Blog Hop cache of books have come. My cup runneth over.

I challenged myself to read 50 books this year on Goodreads, something I never did before. Although I am ahead of schedule by 5 %, it seems to be an uphill climb. I have three books in progress, a review book which will  come first, and two more.

What does my review book list look like right now? Reading The Forgotten Queen by D.L.Bogdan as well as Judith Arnopp's The Forest Dwellers. Next at bat, The Forbidden Queen Anne O'Brien,The Children of Henry VIII by John Guy. Waiting in the dugout is GJ Meyer's The Borgias and Dan Jones with The Plantagenets.

Blog Hop books are in a largish neat pile ( two piles actually) with some of the same authors, many of them personally signed. I am a happy reader!

No comments:

Post a Comment