AutoApproved

Frequently Auto-Approved

Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Roan Rose ~ Juliet Waldron - A Fine Medieval Read




A very good book that I enjoyed immensely and recommend whole heartedly. A special purchase that I am glad I hear about and read until I was finished. Juliet Waldron's grasp of time and period history is superb and detailed. Her characters were well developed and sympathetic.

Historically, of course this did not happen but it COULD have as we know that Richard III had relationships in his early years, two at least that produced children. Period wise, such relationships were commonplace which made the book so plausible and delightful.

Rosealba's origins and her life story were fascinating, she represented everywoman of those harsh medieval times.As a back story to the life of Richard III it was flawless.

The ending gave me a bit of a pause, but eventually books end in some fashion. I recommend this book for historical fictions fans and especially for lovers of all Richard III era works. I will look up the author's other books right now 

No comments:

Post a Comment