AutoApproved

Frequently Auto-Approved

Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Isabella: Queen Without a Conscience - Rachel Bard - Loved it! More!


A very fine book, well written and researched and I enjoyed it a lot. Isabella had a position that was always difficult for a woman of her times. 

 I am reminded of the song sung by Guinevere in Camelot, "Oh Genevieve, Saint Genevieve, where were you when my youth was sold? Dear Genevieve, sweet Genevieve, shan't I be young before I'm old?"


She was exiled from England after the death of John and what then was she to do?

I enjoyed this book a great deal and hope to read the other books by this author. Understanding all the females of the Plantagenet family is a fine literary move. Recommended to others who relish Medieval and Plantagenet historical novels. 




No comments:

Post a Comment