AutoApproved

Frequently Auto-Approved

Saturday, January 31, 2015

Semper Fidelis - A Novel of the Roman Empire by Ruth Downie

My first by Ruth Downie and I so love Roman Britain! I borrowed this one from my library system and trying for more.A very energetic and engaging mystery about a couple who seems contemporary in thoughts. Love that!

Gaius Ruso, Medicus of Twentieth legion in Roman-occupied Britain and his wife the native born Tilla get caught up in a series of intense events. The Emperor Hadrian's unscheduled appearance has the Legion involved in some complicated but nefarious happenings.

Great history of the era and descriptions of travel and daily life. I am going back now and start with the first book as this is Book 5.. I recommend that everyone interested try to do that also. 

No comments:

Post a Comment