AutoApproved

Frequently Auto-Approved

Sunday, July 14, 2019

Rubicon - A HWA Short Story Collection- 10 stories and authors~ Great Read~

Ten acclaimed authors.Immerse yourself in Ancient Rome through a collection of thrilling narratives, featuring soldiers, statesmen and spies.


Very glad I ordered this short story collection and surely would get another one, IF I could get from one book to another without plowing through every one of them.

I especially liked, of course Ruth Downie's Ruso outing ( loved actually) , Nick Brown's "Maker of Gold", "Exiles" by Antonia Senior and "The Wedding" LJ Trafford. I do like to skip around because sometimes, in middle of the night, the fighting scenes are too graphic, however accurately portrayed.They were all, of course very well done and my compliments to everyone.

That's just me and my choice of reading which runs more to upbeat historical fiction, and historical mysteries. I recommend this book to fans of Rome and Roman Britain (the latter my fave).

No comments:

Post a Comment