AutoApproved

Frequently Auto-Approved

Thursday, May 28, 2020

The Star and the Shamrock- Jean Grainger- Skillful author Great read! 5 Stars

I so very much enjoyed this book and purchased the next one at 3AM. Thanks to Prime reading for bringing this one to my attention and to Jean Grainger a skillful storyteller. 5 Stars!

It's not my usual read but books from WWII are increasingly popular and meaningful to me, as a war baby. Many Irish sayings such as "the wreck of the Hesperus" were familiar to me. Until I started this book I knew nothing about the Kindertransport or what it was about but am awed by it and other humanitarian efforts during this time period.

I especially enjoyed the storyline that was superimposed on this tale and am looking forward to the next two volumes of this tale. The characters and their relationships seemed improbable at first, but then came to life. It was what I needed to read and not a more journalistic sort of book. 

No comments:

Post a Comment