AutoApproved

Frequently Auto-Approved

Monday, August 10, 2020

#TheDarkestEvening #NetGalley - Ann Cleeves - Vera Stanhope #9 ~ Best So Far~

What a great Vera Stanhope book this was! 5 Stars thanks #TheDarkestEvening #NetGalley and St. Martin's press for this one! I also want to say Ann Cleeves new series was great and I'm going to grab the 3 Vera Stanhopes I did not yet get to.

"On the first snowy night of winter, Detective Inspector Vera Stanhope sets off for her home in the hills...Vera assumes that the owner has gone to find help. But a cry calls her back: a toddler is strapped in the back seat."

Vera seems to be mellowing with age, as she was more tolerant of her assistants and definitely felt an affinity with her remaining Stanhope cousin.I read it right through except for when I was sleeping.

The mystery held until the end of the book and almost to Vera's end..She left it a bit too long I think.
It ended nicely with most of the (living) characters in a pretty good emotional place.

Recommended for any mystery fan!

No comments:

Post a Comment