AutoApproved

Frequently Auto-Approved

Thursday, June 2, 2016

One Corpse Too Many- Ellis Peters- Book #2 of Brother Cadfael ~ my 5 Star reread ~

"An ingenious killer disposes of a strangled corpse on a battlefield. Brother Cadfael discovers the body, and must then piece together disparate clues"

I am rereading all of the Brother Cadfael books in order to get a more coherent look at the series, which is a top favorite.. I thought I read this years ago but did not remember any of it so perhaps not.

It was wonderful to read about how he and Hugh Beringar made their acquaintance, although it is often alluded to. A sad and desperate time in England with King Stephen and Empress Matilda warring over the throne. About Shropshire I learned this: "Historically, the county has been known as Shropshire as well as by its older, Norman-derived name of Salop." Since my L'Enfant family was here at some early stage from Normandy, it speaks to me.


Cadfael's evolution from soldier and adventurer in the Crusades to monk in Shrewsbury gets fleshed out even more. Love this series and understand why it was made into a series of TV movies.

No comments:

Post a Comment