AutoApproved

Frequently Auto-Approved

Sunday, September 25, 2016

The Moth Catcher (Vera Stanhope, #7) - Ann Cleeves- Preorder now for next week

I received an ARC of this book from NetGalley for a review. I very much enjoyed it, although I thought the ending ( which explained the mysteries) was a bit complex. That being said,I am going to right now order the available kindles of the Vera Series that I have not yet read. Ann Cleeves has always been a particularly favorite author for me!  I have read the whole Shetland series as well as many of the other two.

For myself, reading mysteries written for another country,culture or era works, best as it adds  dimension and depth to the mystery. All of these books possess that depth for me. As a "baby boomer" which is not the term used in this book, but surely identifies these aging couples and a few singles in this tale, there was an added relevance for me. I was not expecting the ending and it did work for me, eventually.

The inhabitants of the Valley although essentially professing the same reasons for being there, actually had disparate reasons. Vera Stanhope and her colleagues in Northeast England, are no less flawed or regretting missed opportunities than those they come in contact with in the course of this very fluid murder triad. Ex-offenders, social workers as well as young people and their parents all become at risk in this seemingly-sterile-but-not-really little enclave.

This book is out next week in Kindle and another in February, but they work as standalone reads.Get yours now! 

No comments:

Post a Comment