AutoApproved

Frequently Auto-Approved

Saturday, February 1, 2014

Girl on the Golden Coin~ A Novel of Frances Stuart

I did not know much about Frances Stuart before beginning this book, and that is why I prefer to read historical fiction. Marci Jefferson has researched and crafted a fine tale which I very much enjoyed. 

Because some of the events in her life are not well know I remained suspenseful for the author's view point until the very end. I almost missed the last four years of Charles II's reign as it pertained to Frances, but the excellent author's notes sent me back a few pages.

There are several British eras I need to learn about through my reading and this is one of them. Why did a handful of my ancestors come across perilous seas to take their chances in a dangerous and primitive new world? Frances Stuart's life and times give very strong clues as to the danger all around.

I received this book from NetGalley for a review. I am so very glad I did. I recommend this highly to historians and historical novels fans alike.


Growing up in an Air Force family took Marci across the world, but her passion for history sparked while living in Yorktown, Virginia, where locals still share Revolutionary War tales. Years after graduating from Virginia Commonwealth University, immersing herself in a Quality Assurance nursing career, and then having children, she realized she'd neglected her love of writing. The plot for GIRL ON THE GOLDEN COIN evolved after a trip to London, where she first learned about the Stuart royals. She now resides in the Midwest with her husband and two young children

No comments:

Post a Comment