AutoApproved

Frequently Auto-Approved

Friday, March 18, 2016

Mayflowers for November- The Rise and Fall of Anne Boleyn - Malyn Bromfield ~ Get a copy!

I received an ARC via NetGalley from Endeavor Press for this review and am glad that I was given that opportunity .

I very much enjoyed this unique but basically plausible tale of Anne Boleyn's story. Midwives were often felt to have a sixth sense I think, definitely about gestation, so nothing unusual about Avis' visions. The different "voices" the story was told in I think worked well, although took a bit of getting used to. I am not sure it might not have worked just as well to know that her husband was "Tom the Rat Boy" earlier on in the novel, but it is the author's prerogative.

Historically it was quite sound and I am really hoping that this is not the last book by this author. Anne and Mary Boleyn and the Careys are very much favorites of mine.( Not so much Henry and the other relationships)

Recommended to those who enjoy this era, other royal family tales and Tudor fans. The book is published now and quite reasonable. Quickly get a copy

No comments:

Post a Comment