AutoApproved

Frequently Auto-Approved

Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Owen - Book One of the Tudor Trilogy - Tony Riches

4+ Stars ~ " Owen Tudor, a Welsh servant, waits in Windsor Castle to meet his new mistress,Queen Catherine of Valois, widow of the warrior king, Henry V"

It was an enjoyable and enlightening book about Owen Tudor himself. I have read The Forbidden Bride and books about the Beauforts, but this one was solely about Tudor himself, which was different. Sometimes I do prefer the female viewpoint so I will explore what Book 2 of the Tudors which is "Jasper".

It was written well enough for me to look at his other books and I am currently exploring Eleanor Cobham as book subject, so will give that a go also.

Little is known of the youth and early history of Owen Tudor so I think that the book was factual and interesting without being at all heavy. Recommended for all who enjoy this period of time and other historical characters outside of the main Tudor family.

No comments:

Post a Comment