AutoApproved

Frequently Auto-Approved

Monday, June 3, 2013

The Queens of Love and War- A Trilogy


A very well written book now compiled into a trilogy. This is an era I love to read about, Eleanor and Henry are my favorite couple. For a history lover some supposed events surprised me but a novelist can take those liberties and Ellen Jones did it well.

It is a great way to read all of the books together, be prepared to spend time with the volume. I think the effect on interspersing vignettes of Henry's mistress and her son Geoffrey with his life with his family works quite well. It was a harsh time and difficult to conceive what life was actually like. The contrasts between nobility and common people were well done and graphic.

I appreciate the opportunity to review this edition of Ellen Jones work and hope this volume is very popular.

No comments:

Post a Comment