AutoApproved

Frequently Auto-Approved

Monday, September 22, 2014

The Tudor Vendetta- C.W.Gortner ~ The Spymaster Chronicles

My first excursion into the Spymaster Chronicles was extremely enjoyable! I had a bit of a problem plunging into some of the adventure scenes, got a bit dizzy with that unevenness but everything turned out so very well.

Although it was my first read of the series, the intricate relationships between Elizabeth I and Brendan Prescott sorted them selves out quite satisfactorily. The complex nature of all the main characters is part of the storyline and apparently well developed. Still a bit perplexed as to how Mary of Suffolk had this son with a knight in her retinue but I need to go back and read the first two books. I encourage you to read all all three!

The(to me)jolts between adventure and tranquil scenes was a bit jarring to me so, although I really liked the book, I give it 4.5 stars.

Very happy that I was able to review this book via NetGalley by such a fine author.

No comments:

Post a Comment