AutoApproved

Frequently Auto-Approved

Sunday, January 21, 2018

The Chalk Pit - Elly Griffiths - Ruth Galloway Series #9 - Just incredible~ 5 Stars~

I am absolutely enthralled with this series..Too bad I am reading them out of order but eventually I can reread the whole series from start to finish.(Reason: I'm a book reviewer blogger and try to read my favorite authors from NetGalley but sometimes from E-Library loans) I am recommending them to my sister also ( and several hundred others through my blogs)

This is book 9 and I so hated for it to end last night. In addition to the awesome mystery about "Rough Sleepers" and their possible "Underground" Ruth Galloway and DCI Harry Nelson came to an interesting part of their relationship, almost 10 years into it.

So for folks like me who like their mysteries set in other eras or countries, this one is set in Norfolk and Dr. Ruth Galloway is a forensic archeologist who is "seconded" ( assigned to), the serious crime division of the Police department. Ruth herself lives in a remote area on the edge of the salt marsh outside of the town of Lynn and was part of a dig that excavated a wooden henge in past years.

Rough sleepers is what we call homeless in the US and the Underground discussed has to do with a series of tunnels which are partly old chalk pits under the town. Some of the homeless begin to be murdered, one of them who sleeps on the porch of the Police headquarters and is known, fondly, to many. Then some mysterious disappearances occur, which even touch the police group Ruth works with. 

It ends in the underground aforementioned, and you need to start this series now! I recommend starting at the beginning which is "The Crossing Places" and has to do with the discovery and excavation of the Iron Age henge in the salt marsh.
5 Stars definitely

No comments:

Post a Comment